Sunday 18 January 2015

The road to Arc

Well, not a lot of actual painting has happened recently. I assembled and undercoated the rippers, and that is where they stayed. Not really inspired to paint them at the moment. Oh well. I started to assemble a Carnifex, and that didn't even make it that far. I think that I am a little over painting white. I was looking at things and as I believe that I have commented before, most of my recent projects have involved large areas of white. The Tyranids, Sedition Wars and the Eldar. Time for a different colour I think.

I am attending Arcanacon in a couple of weeks. Army lists were due a little while ago and I got mine in. So I thought that I would post about what I am taking.

I am taking a Space Marine army, of the Ultramarine variety. How did this come about? Last year I was devesting myself of several never to be finished projects which went well. Part of this was a small amount of Forgeworld 30k miniatures. They were going to a new home, however it didn't work out and a friend offered to put a basic paint job on them for me.

Long story short, this turned into a project for an army. Sigh. Will I never learn? Ha. Probably not.

So the 323rd Ultramarine Expedition force was born.

Arcanacon is 1350 points. So I am taking along the following:

  • Captain with power weapon
  • Command Squad - Standard Bearer, Medic, Veteran with sammer / shield and Veterans with shields / bolters in a Rhino
  • 5 Assault Terminators, 3 with hammer / shields
  • Tactical Squad with melta in a Rhino
  • Tactical Squad with flamer / plasma in a Rhino
  • Assault Squad w flamers
  • Devastator Squad with lascannon / missile launchers.
Pretty similar to the Howling Griffins that I have taken previously. I am looking forward to seeing how the Terminators and the Command squad do.

I have a practice game lined up the day before Arcanacon, so that will be good.

I was going to upload some pics, but I am encountering some issues so these will have to wait.

I have also started painting my copy of MYTH the boardgame. Following a different school of painting for that though, which is a basecolour wash method. More on that in a later post.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. You're worse than I am! Well, no. You're not because you're actually getting some hobby time! Keep up the good work and I hope to see you at Arc (if only for a flying visit).

    ReplyDelete