Monday 12 November 2012

Late again...

But I remembered to take a whole army photo first for my Tyranids.

Well, at least it is the whole army as is currently fully painted.


So now, onto my thoughts on the X-wing miniatures game.

I played both the intro mission and a further mission. Now, the second game was limited to the ships that I have so far, which is only a few extra Tie fighters and no extra rebel craft.

In the first intro mission, my two tie fighters were shot up by the Rebel pilot. Targetting system errors (ie I did not roll well) were not helped by tactical computer failures (ie I just plain played badly). But overall the game did assist me in learning how it all works, which is the main thing. Don't split up tie fighters...



In the second game, we used the full rules. It was quite a lot of fun and it really felt like a star wars style dog fight. The way that you allocate movements to your ships means that the tie fighters really do the large looping moves as seen in the movies and the x-wings are quite tough craft. Their target lock followed by plasma torpedoes is really vicious. However, for the loss of one TIE, in the second game I managed to shoot down the rebel scum and claim victory.

So far it is 1 game each for us.

The game itself has very nice components, which is something that Fantasy Flight do well. And I can see the game being quite interesting once slightly larger squadrons are used on each side. The characters included are excellent and do give you a range of different skill levels. However I can see that there is little point to not taking the very best pilots in each game, unless their points costs are too high. And pre-painted miniatures. YAY!



All in all, I am looking forward to playing it some more. Though as I am only purchasing Imperial craft myself, I will have to encourage my opponent to purchase some Rebel craft of his own.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment