Sunday 28 July 2013

A couple of Jetbikes

Are this weeks work. So a lot slower in painting than I have been for the last couple of weeks.


So hopefully next up will be another bunch of Night Goblins. Then the third jetbike to finish off the minimum sized squad.


I was sort of enjoying painting these, however the green on the front was not looking too good. I managed to bring it back with some really thin coats of the midcoat I think.


I also found out about the green that I am using for my highlighting, in that it does not thin down really well with water alone. Have to put some matt medium in there to stop it going chalky and not smooth.

With the stuff that I am undercoating with, as it has some sort of super-sci-fi style auto levelling property, that I have to let this dry fully on its own and not try to hurry it along with the hair dryer. The hair drier still works great for helping to dry the thin layers of paint though.

All in all, a couple of models done, some lessons learnt and a good way to lead into the next week of painting.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Ian. All those goblins has really given you some useful practice painting green.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green. They are looking great.

    ReplyDelete