Monday 17 September 2012

Some of my own work

Well, I finally got around to putting paint to brush to miniature again on the weekend.

In the works are still the Termagants.



They are not looking too bad at the moment. Hopefully this lot of 4 will be done by the end of the week.

You might notice the numbers on the corks. Why did I do this? I found that I was forgetting which order I was doing the couple of layers of washes in, so I numbered the corks so that I could paint them in the correct order.

I also got the last few colours that I will need (well, ordered on-line really) to paint up my Dark Angels. And in looking back over it, which could be just a nostalgia thing which will likely last just as long as it takes me to play, I am painting them up to have a bash at 2nd ed once again.

Yes, back to the days when 11 models was a legal 500 point Space Marine Army. Looking forward to the other things from second edition again - virus grenades, vortex grenades, every psychic a level 4, because you would be crazy to take any thing less. And the always popular 49 point tech marine. Then there is the unkillable Bjorn, the assault cannon / cyclone missile launcher Space Wolf terminators who could shoot all of their shots in the first turn layering your whole deployment zone with krak templates of doom.

Hmm, why am I going back again?

Onwards to 6th edition and more Tyranids painted!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment