Friday 7 September 2012

Three Musketeers

So I have been in a bit of a three Musketeers mood lately.

What has this got to do with things? Well it got me to make some lego models of the characters. This was quite an eye opening experience. The amount of stores out there selling custom parts for lego figures, even the stores that sell individual components themselves was amazing.


So here we go. The main musketeer bodies are from the series 4 musketeer figure. So are the hats and the swords. The faces, hair and other parts are from different ebay sellers. And the capes are also from a place that does nothing but capes for lego figures. Sadly they had none with a fleur de lys on them, but so many lions, eagles and Star Wars symbols it was quit overwhelming to look through them all.

I also made up a set of Cardinals guard and a Cardinal figure. He is a little plain, and not sure what else I can add to him. I am thinking that if I get one of the actors from series 8 of the minifigure sets I might give him the ruff.

So now my mighty musketeers can face off against the cardinals guards. Maybe at a later stage I will have a go at making some sets for these. Escape from the castle. Duel in the ruins. The ship to England. So many cool swashbuckling scenes from the books.

Well, I shall leave it at that for tonight. I am off to Games Day this weekend and I hope to have some photos to share in my Monday update.

(And before you ask, yes, not a great deal of painting has happened so far this week...)

Cheers. Ian.

1 comment:

  1. Could these be sellable sets in the future?
    Cos I'd be well interested

    ReplyDelete