Monday 13 April 2015

Almost three months and what do I have to show for it?

Quite a bit really.

I have been painting a reasonable amount. So far I have finished off the third of three Chaos Warriors, who I think look pretty cool. I was thinking of doing up a group of these for Armies on Parade this year (do they still hold this?), but I realised how long each miniature takes me to paint...


So not sure what I will do, or even if I will enter. If the Night Goblin painting mojo comes to me, I might get the second unit of 100 done and enter those. Over 400 Night Goblins on a 2x2 board should be worth some votes, right?

Other than that I have fully painted my base set of the Myth board game.


There are a few extra figs in there from my kickstarter edition, but I could not remember the actual base game break up. 6 of the small figs from each set, 2 of the mid sized ones and the Orc boss are extras.

 
I was trying out a style of painting that a friend is using on their Tyranids. Pretty simple base coat and wash method. I am pretty happy with the results. I am also trialing the Army Painter range of paints with these and so far I have no complaints.

 
I am trying these paints as the closest gaming store to my (Yay for new one opening less than 10 minutes drive away) stocks Army Painter, GW and P3 paints. I have tried GW and P3 and like both, but wanted to experiment with the Army painter ones. So far no complaints about the paints, but the brushes? I would leave them alone in future. Maybe I got some from a poor batch, but the didn't last very well at all.


I have a few more things to post as well, but why use up all of my pictures in one post when I can make them last over a couple.

Have a good one.



1 comment:

  1. Those chaos warriors look very nice; I love the checks

    ReplyDelete