Monday 20 April 2015

And now for a blast from the past...

Well, only from the point of view of the current Warhammer 40k time line.

A project that started, took on a life of it's own and is now moving on to another stage.

Yes, finally some photos of the 323rd Ultramarine expeditionary force that I took to Arcanacon.

The command Squad
 
The Assault Squad
 
The Devastator Squad.

I will later post close ups of the Terminators, Tactical Squads and Rhino transports.

And here are some photos from their very first outing - as I had only played 1 small game of 40k prior to Arc, a friend volunteered to game with me the day before. We both used our Arcanacon armies.

Set up looks good.
 
Hmm, we detect life sighs - that's a lot of Tyranids.

The last stand of the command squad!

A valiant loss for the boys in blue transports, which sort of set the tone for the Arc weekend, now that I think about it. I came comfortably mid field though so that was great. 6 good games and an awesome event once again. Maybe next year I might try to field a force that does not score quite so close to 60 for army composition. Basically the closer you are to the full 60, the "softer" your army is in the eyes of the composition panel.

Then again, probably not. I play for me, not for the wins.

Cheers.




1 comment:

  1. I agree with the deployment - a refused flank is the way to go with 'nids. Even when it doesn't end well. The Emperor salutes you.

    ReplyDelete