Wednesday 4 July 2012

SD Gundam is GO!

Wednesday came around quickly this week.

I thought that I would post some pics of a completed and a work in progress Super Deformed Gundam from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms range.

When I was last on holidays I purchased a few of these kits. These are some of the normal soldier types from the set. I also have a number of the heroes.






I started painting one of the soldiers from the camp of Cao Cao to see how it went. I was quite pleased with the results when it was done. It was suggested to me that I can even use these in gaming, with the Hordes of the Things rule set, because it is quite easy to use different models in that system. So spending a little time I worked out what I would need to purchase to make a force for each of the three sides from the Three Kingdoms period.


That was as far as I have gotten so far, as I started onto the Mantic stuff below for Dwarf Kings Hold, but I will return to this project eventually. At least I didn't purchase the complete three forces straight up. But that is a temptation for my next trip away.

The models themselves come in red, yellow and blue plastic. And when I finished painting the first one completely I was told "Congratulations Ian. You have painted a red model Red." Oh well.

Back to the new stuff and I will have another update on Friday.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great! Had to giggle when I read the Red bit, I would do something like that too.

    ReplyDelete