Wednesday 25 July 2012

More about Lego - and a holiday announcement

Well, it is Wednesday once more. I didn't get the dwarves completed, but I am Ok with that.

I have stumbled onto a new project which I will talk about more next week, but it will involve going back to painting some GW miniatures. The piles of those that I have, unassembled, in boxes. Some still in shrink wrap. But that is for another time.

Today I wanted to put up some photos from the Lego exhibition that I went to, as well as some of the Lord of the Rings lego.

The Lego exhibition was quite enjoyable. It was quite crowded when I went and was a little poorly set out from the point of view of moving around the exhibits. But these difficulties were overcome and I managed to take some photos.












There were a number of movie inspired sets, a whole bunch of Star Wars and many display scenes. I think that my favourite display was the Flying Navy. Custom mini figures ahoy and damn the torpeedos!



And lastly some photos of the Lord of the rings lego. I now have the complete set, including the "hard to find" Orc forge kit. You can tell that it is hard to find, because they state this on the side of the box. But a handy browse of ebay completed the set for now. Some of my photos didn't work out so well. Here are the ones that did.




The next update will be next Wednesday as I am taking a long weekend and going out of town. Nothing lego or miniature related, just visiting friends and catching up over lots of food.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment