Monday 23 July 2012

The long slow march

My progress over the weekend was not as great as I had hoped. But progress was made, so it is still a victory over distraction.

There was plenty of that still, but painting time was found.

I played my first game of Dwarf Kings Hold, where I took the shambling undead against my friend commanding the grumbly dwarves. The game plays quite well. It went quite quickly even though it was our first game. The counters and boards were quite good, although not of the thick card quality that I have been getting used to from Euro's, Fantasy Flight and games like Space Hulk. But the card is still actual card, and not the thick paper that was supplied in the very early games workshop games.

Oh, I managed to lead the Undead straight to the bottom, with the dwarves hammering them left and right. Out of the three dwarves who started though, two fell to the undead clawings, mostly due to their own fumblings, rather than good dice rolling on my part. The final dwarf managed to hold out long enough to stand victorious by the objective and raise the hammer high in victory. However I am not sure how he was going to get out of the hold, as he had another 4 skeletons to get through on the way out. Oh well.

Next time I am sure that the Dwarves will join the shambling undead horde and not escape into victory. Oh yes, next time...

So how do the Dwarven re-inforcements look? I'm glad that you asked.


I was thinking about using blue for the other two warriors, but went with purple. The undead are being painted in mostly blue cloth, so I wanted the dwarves to be a bit different. The yellow went well and I very much like the blond beard on the dwarf. This was quite easy, with a bleached bone base, followed by 2 yellow washes.

Onwards towards completion!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment