Friday 6 July 2012

Skeletal completion and Dwarven WIP

It is the end of another week. I am very happy with my progress this week so far.



I got the 8 skeletons completed. I tried my hand at free-hand painting on the shield. Although the device is not very difficult, I still need to work on this sort of stuff a lot more. The devices are not even and their size varies a lot.


But they are done now, so it is onto the grumbly bearded ones.

The dwarves are a different challenge for me. Trying to get the metals smooth is not something that I have tradionally been very good at. These are going well so far. I have done the base metal and then the wash to start with.


And look, the corpse dwarf is in focus this time. Say goodbye to Mr Bloby.

The dwarves on the back of the box are more individual than the skeletons. I have another 4 to do after these ones (and their little dog too) so I am going to try different cloth colours and gloves to divide them up. I will also give each of the dwarves with a shield a diffent background device to tell them apart.

Onwards to the weekend and more painting progress.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment