Thursday 7 May 2015

It's progress, Jim,

But not as we know it...

So in the course of 4 days I have managed to get the bone colouring done. Glad that is over with again.

 
Now to finish the rest of the detailing off on these 5. Then onto the support weapon platform.

I was going to magnetise the platform, but the local stores didn't have the right size magnets in. Off to the internet to find them and get some sent to me I guess.

With the release of the new Eldar jetbikes, I also picked up a couple of shuriken cannon to place on my next lot of three chopper jet-bikes. Just need to wait for them to arrive in the post. I will need to do some conversions on the jet-bikes to make them fit as they are not the orginal type that went on them. Which I think is probably for the best. Plastic weapons won't overbalance the models as much as the old metal ones did and I am not the worlds largest supporter of finecast overall. So glad that the new kits came with a few spares that people are selling off. Not really cheap, but much better than purchasing a whole box of the new models.

Which I may well do at some stage in the future. But for now, this is all hypothetical, as I haven't even finished the first 550 points so that my Eldar and Tyranid forces can fight.

Well, I have tomorrow off, so hopefully I will make some good progress on this plan.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment