Thursday 14 May 2015

Platform, Magnetise!

With the magnets now arrived from the depths of the internet, I have managed to try them out and not make too much of a hash of my first attempt at magnetising the platform. I read up a bit about how to do this and some of the tips were quite useful. Making a "magnet of truth" by gluing one into a bit of sprue was very helpful in making sure that my polarities were correct.


However I do have to work on my depth of drilling with them as most of the magnets are sitting slightly too high. But for a first go, I am very happy with the results.

I also managed to get the next lot of models assembled. So now to work on the 5 Wraithguard.


Yes, kind of cheating I guess to call bare plastic glued together a work in progress shot, but still.


I have also been reading a little about the current Eldar codex. I was surprised that they are being seen as quite good. Usually when I decide to pick up an army and paint them to use, it is the kiss of death for that race. Ahh, Tzeentch, why do you forever forsake me? But that is a question for another time...

I was speaking to a friend about this and he thinks that there are two codex that will forever be on the upper edge of the pile, which are Space Wolves and Eldar. Being the first two released for 2nd edition, they seem to enjoy a special place in the hearts of GW that other books don't. The other codex seem to wax and wane depending on the minds of the studio, however Space Wolves and Eldar always seem to be up there. Maybe not the "hardest" codex, but always right near the top.

Well, as I said a few posts ago, I am sticking with the current book that I have and not updating so it is pretty moot for me. But these are the sorts of things that I ponder while pushing the paint around on a miniature.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment