Wednesday 1 August 2012

Distracted by

Puppies!

Well, I am back home again. Had a fantastic weekend. Lots of good food (so much good food!) and I was introduced to my friends new puppy.

Fortunately for the most part I was immune to his cuteness and only had to stop him gnawing on my shoelaces a couple of time.











But what is coming up in the future for miniatures? Well, firstly it is to finish off the Dwarf Kings Hold dwarves.

Then, as promised a new project (and abandoning the Revenants for the time being).

I have a friend who has decided to start playing miniature war games. So after much discussion they picked Warhammer 40,000 to play. Many games were considered and options provided. After the game system was chosen, the next choice was to pick an army. Eldar narrowly won out over the Dark Eldar.

So what does this have to do with me? Well in the spirit of the new rules that were released a little while ago I have decided to start a small painting / gaming challenge with them. And I even convinced another friend who has played for years but rarely paints to participate as well. At least in the painting side of it.

So how is this going to work? Well we each start out with a 500 point force.

When looking through the mountain of unopened boxes that I have, I decided to do something completely different. I am going with a Tyranid force. This is the starter set with 16 Termagaunts, 16 Hormagaunts 8 Genestealers and 3 warriors.

Hang on, that is not enough for a 500 point force I can hear you say. Where is your HQ? Well, that box will be supplemented by an additional warrior in the future to become a Tyranid prime. Then if and when we decide to expand the challenge to 1000 points, the prime will become one of the second group of 3 warriors.

With the decision made of a force, then it is down to the name and colour scheme. After deliberating this, I am calling my new splinter fleet  - Splinter Fleet Wendigo. They are going to be painted in a light grey / white with black to ice blue fade on the carapace. Black weapons and orange eyes. Will see how it looks after painting up some test models.

So the Howl of the Wendigo campaign will soon kick off with Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Tyranids participating.

And I fully intend to post up our starting army lists followed by painting updates and Battle reports at some stage to show off my tactical ineptitude for all to see.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment