Wednesday 8 August 2012

Distracted by...

Kickstarter.

Not sure if you have seen Kickstarter. It is crowd funding, so how this works is if you think that a project has legs, you can back it and pledge money towards funding it.

The good thing? They only take your money if it is fully funded.

The bad thing? So many cool projects.

Let's look at the things that I am currently either watching or backing...

Relic Knights...

Morland Miniatures

Reaper - Bones miniatures

Super hero card building game

More generally awesome miniatures

Anime Greek and Norse goddess game

So there we go. And most of them are funded currently. So what does this mean, other than me being quite weak of will in the face of shiny new things?

Not much really.

Well at least this distraction requires no real effort on my part, and once I decide to pledge to a project it just happens in the background. Which does leave time for me to paint more miniatures.

Good news on the miniature front? The first 4 termagants are going well, however my assembly is not going so well. But as it seems to be taking me around a week or so to paint 4 models, the assembly is keeping pace with that. I currently have 8 termagants assembled and unpainted and the next 4 waiting on the sprue.

Well, pics will follow on Friday.

Until then I leave you to it.

Cheers.





No comments:

Post a Comment